This year Kaleidoscope Pediatric Therapy is helping bring a little holiday cheer to the children that will have to spend the holiday’s at St. Luke’s Children’s Hospital. Partnering with The Jayden DeLuca Foundation in the effort to get as many toy’s as possible for St. Luke’s Children’s Hospital’s Santa’s Toy Box. For every toy donated to Santa’s Toy Box at KPT, we will donate a dollar directly to the The Jayden DeLuca Foundation up to $250. Help us reach our goal and help brighten the holiday season for these kiddos.
About Santa’s Toy Box
When a child is admitted to the hospital, parents and families deal with enormous stress and strain. If an admission happens during the holiday season, the stress can be even greater. St. Luke’s Children’s Hospital created Santa’s Toy Box to partner with families in an effort to reduce holiday stress and create a wonderful holiday experience.
Santa’s Toy Box relies solely on items donated from the community. Then they arrange the toys and gift items into a shopping area complete with holiday decorations, music, and refreshments. Parents with a child in the hospital are invited to shop free of charge in Santa’s Toy Box for every child in the family.
All donations must be newly purchased and unwrapped. They cannot accept used items or items purchased long ago (even if they have never been used).
Kaleidoscope Pediatric Therapy will be one of the official donation drop off locations for Santa’s Toy Box. We will be accepting donations November 14th to December 14th. We will then transport all the toys to St. Luke’s Children’s Hospital to they can prep them for the families. For every toy donated to Santa’s Toy Box at KPT, we will donate a dollar directly to the The Jayden DeLuca Foundation up to $250.
Santa’s Toy Box Wish List
General Items They Can Accept
- Gift cards from places such as Target, Old Navy, Barnes & Noble, Walmart, etc.
- iTunes music cards
- New toys, books, dolls, and games (see list of appropriate suggestions below)
- Craft kits and materials that are nontoxic
- Non-violent video games for Wii, PlayStation 3, PlayStation 2, and Xbox 360 (ratings should be everyone-teen)
- iPod touch/iPad
- Gaming systems
- Amazon Kindle
- CD Player/radio
- Outside sports equipment
- New DVD movies (English and Spanish)
- Books on CD
General Items They CANNOT Accept
- Used items including books, toys, fabric dolls, and stuffed animals
- Rubber/latex balloons
- Religious materials or solicitations for personal gain
Suggested Items for Different Age Groups
- Bouncy seats
- Small stuffed animals with cloth eyes
- Lullaby CDs
- Crib gyms
- Any light up/musical toys
- Board/plastic books (English and Spanish)
- Shape sorters, stacking toys
- Pop-up toys
- Push/pull toys
- Sturdy toys with few parts, such as Little People sets
- Cars and other vehicles with wheels
- Dinosaurs, animals
- Play cell phones
- Wooden peg puzzles
- Board books (Spanish and English)
- Fun music CDs
- Stuffed animals with cloth eyes
- Pretend kitchen items
- Chunky crayons
- Cars and trucks
- Farm animals
- Baby dolls
- Kitchen play items
- Medical play kit
- Fisher-Price Little People toy sets (house, farm, etc.)
- Light up/musical toys
- Super hero/action figures
- Magna Doodle
- Board games
- Coloring books and crayons
- LEGO sets
- Art supplies
- Craft kits
- “I Spy” books
- Large stuffed animals
- Table-top games (air hockey, pool, etc.)
- Card, dice, and board games
- Beads for making jewelry
- Scrapbooking materials
- Movie passes
- Gift cards to Target, music stores, Barnes & Noble, Bath & Body Works, Walmart, Toys “R” Us, restaurants, iTunes, and clothing stores.
- Craft kits
- Hair accessories, brushes, nail polish, spa items, makeup, lotions, body wash (both genders)
- Hair tools (curling and flat irons, etc.)
- Sports balls
- Sportswear (BSU, NFL, etc.)
- Hunting/camo wear
- Word search and crossword puzzle books
- Adult coloring books and colored pencils
- Pajama sets, sweatshirts, scarves, hats, etc.
- Model cars, airplanes, glue, paint, etc.
- iPad, Kindle
- Ear buds
- Decor for room
- Yoga mats
- Body pillows
For addition drop off locations please visit The Jayden DeLuca Foundation.